Lila Tandava Yoga Teacher Training eRYT 200
- Weekend 1: January 12-15th | Step Into the Forest of Insight, the Philosophy and Practice of Yoga | Origins of Surya Namaskar + Foundations of Teaching.
- Weekend 2: February 9-11th | The History & Origins of Yoga | A Bridge From Past to Present
- Weekend 3: March 16-18 | Ride the Wave of Consciousness | Wave Sequencing for Vinyasa
- Weekend 4: April 20-22 | Anatomy & Physiology with Dr. Abigail Ellsworth | Aromatherapy Workshop for Vata, Pitta + Kapha with Clinical Herbalist, Ayurvedic Practitioner and Aromatherapist, Ilana Sobo
- Weekend 5: May 18-20 | Principles of Teaching Restorative Yoga Poses with guest teacher, Judi Friedman, Certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher and IAYT Certified (International Association of Yoga Therapists)
- Weekend 6: June 30-1 | Embrace the Divine Within | Meditation and Pranayama + Intelligent Sequencing and Cueing with Colleen Lila and Erinn Chang
- Weekend 7: July 13-15 Surrender False Identity and Step Into Your Highest | Teaching Methodology & Practice w/ Colleen Lila
- Weekend 8: August 3-5| Crossing the Threshold | Student Teaching
- How to sequence and teach with Colleen Lila
- How to assist and adjust
- How to recognize and modify injuries and illness
- Restorative Yoga with Certified Iyengar teacher Judith Friedman
- Yoga Anatomy and Physiology, with author and P.T. Dr. Abigail Ellsworth
- The History of Yoga
- Yoga philosophy and meditation
- Chanting and breathwork (pranayama)
- Receive one-on-one mentoring to help set your focus and uncover and refine your teaching message
- The Business and Ethics of Yoga with Erinn Chang
- Aromatherapy for Vata, Pitta and Kapha with Ilana Sobo
Colleen Breeckner has been a student of Yoga for over twenty four years. Colleen is eRYT 500 with over 3500 hours of Yoga training with the Yoga Alliance and holds several certifications from various traditions. Colleen trained for certification in the Anusara teaching method for 7 years, she is certified in Thai Yoga massage from the Lotus Palm School and the Sunshine School in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Colleen is a Kripalu Certified Ayurvedic Health Counselor, and Certified Herbalist. She is the director of, Lila Tandava Yoga Teacher Training based in New York and Connecticut. She frequently hosts National and International workshops, classes and retreats for adults, teens and children. She is known for her playful and spirited style and for her ability to convey complex spiritual teachings in a lighthearted, accessible way. Her clear articulation of the poses along with her creativity make her classes profound, physically challenging and fun. Throughout the years Colleen has studied in a variety of traditions including: Vinyasa, Iyengar, Kundalini, Ashtanga, Jivamukti, Katonah Yoga, and extensive Yoga therapeutics and more. She is driven by a deep commitment to humanity, helping others to surmount life's challenges and find the strength within themselves to prevail. She continues to pursue learning in all areas of Yoga and movement. She has a son Kaleo (21) and a dog Riley (6).
Ilana's time at the Ayurvedic Institute working & studying with Dr. Vasant Lad was greatly formative. Ayurveda is the thread of continuity in all her work and informs upon all herbal formulations and skincare that is designed. Ilana's greatest passion is to share the love, magic, and healing gifts the natural world brings forth to share with us all.
Abigail graduated Magnum Cum Laud from Slippery Rock University with her Doctor of Physical Therapy degree, and an interest in neuromuscular development and motor patterns. She is a certified Pilates instructor for the past 13 years with her most recent certification from Polestar Pilates. Polestar is a scientific research based Pilates integrated rehabilitation system combining classical Pilates with evidence based neurodynamics. She has studied with the Institute of Physical Art (IPA) to focus on Functional Manual Therapy as an integrated treatment system coupling mechanical treatment of the joints, soft tissues, visceral and neurovascular systems with manual neuromuscular facilitation to enhance optimum motor control and human function. Combining her IPA education with Polestar and classical Pilates training she has developed a philosophy of creating life-changing movement experiences by fusing Pilates, Physical Therapy and mind-body energy systems together to better target efficient dynamic motion. Abigail has published several research articles, clinical assessments as well as anatomical books (Anatomy of Pilates, Anatomy of Yoga, Massage Anatomy and Core Training Anatomy) over the past 14 years. She has lectured for the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), New York State Reflexology Association (NYSRA), Westchester Medical Center (WMC), and Sport section of the American Physical Therapy Association (SPTA). She is the owner of the Pilates, Therapy and Wellness Center in Scarsdale.