A Y U R V E D I C | FOOD FOR INFLAMMATION
DECEMBER 5th, 2017, 7 pm, ARMONK, NY
Join Liscenced Nutritionist, Jyoti Tewani +
Ayurvedic Health Counselor, Colleen Lila for an evening of Ayurvedic cooking techniques designed to alleviate inflammation.
INQUIRE WITH COLLEEN AT:
Gaia Weaving YOGA & COOKING RETREAT IN IBIZA, SPAIN | Study The Stanzas of Vibration (Spanda Karikas) + The Yoga of Cooking in
Ibiza, Spain | May 1-6, 2017
w/ Colleen Lila & Cassandra Purdy.
Retreat Cost: $1100- $2200.*
private luxury suite: $2200. per person
single private room: $2000.
couple's private room: $1600 per person
shared room: $1700.
camping/veranda: $1100. BYOT
To register, please send a non-refundable $300 deposit to Colleen: firstname.lastname@example.org
$100 off if you book before January 1st!
*flights not included
Join us, for a weeklong retreat on the island of Ibiza, in the heavenly Balearic Islands between Spain and North Africa.
Discover the hidden gems of the little known hippy North (not the party scene from the E! channel) secret beaches, orange and carob groves, mountain views onto the exquisite turquoise water of the Mediterranean.
A beautiful finca (villa) will be our home base for daily yogaand cooking classes. Gaia Weaving activities will include: Yoga of Cooking daily workshops in clean food, as well as herbal preparations from foraged native plants such as: wild rosemary, fennel, calendula, aloe and herbs santo. The week will also focus on Yoga, meditation and a study of the Spanda Karikas, as well as, Ayurvedic Lifestyletechniques with Colleen Lila.
(For full course details contact : email@example.com)
SOME HIGHLIGHTS WILL INCLUDE:
- An afternoon of advanced yoga at Atzaro resort
- An evening yoga/meditation session on Moon Beach with live sitar and tabla player
- Sunrise meditation on the Cala Xaracca beach, followed by breakfast picnic, swimming.
- sea salt collection on the south shore (for sea salt body scrub and culinary salts with rosemary, lavender and thyme)
- meditation and dharma talk overlooking the mythical Es Vedra.
- daily short cooking lessons covering detoxifying and energizing drinks and meals. Healthy and tasty treats such as, aloe/lemon/honey smoothies and (vegan/GF) chocolate coconut chia mousse, true Andalusian gazpacho, superfood powerballs and much more!
IMPORTANT NOTE: Lila Tandava Teacher 300hr. trainees will receive 30 credit hours in philosophy, meditation, Yoga lifestyle and asana.
- An evening stroll through the D'alt Villa (Unesco World Heritage site) in the old Ibizatown port , followed by dinner in a great restaurant.
- A visit to the famous Las Dalias hippy market on Saturday.
- Sunset at Benirras beach, drum circle, swimming, candlelit dinner picnic.
- Sunday market in San Juan, live music, artisan vendors, great shopping.
- final night fiesta dinner at the villa, surprise live entertainment.
- hike in the hills for yoga and meditation on overlook, w/ tea and snacks.
- private shopping adventure at bohemian mecca for unique couture at Ashalak
- tarot reading/astrological chart by celebrated French astrologer and San Juan icon Noelle Ruzsancik.
- an empowering striptease, burlesque class with American, teacher and dancer, Thalassa.
- sea kayaking around Portinax harbor, visit to lighthouse.
- numerous styles of massages can be booked on request at villa with the island's best practitioners.
is a vegetarian chef with 25 years of cooking experience from Greenpeace ships to shamanic retreats in India to private cheffing in NYC. She studied Anthropology at Vassar College and has a degree in Tibetan Studies. When in college, Cassandra opened a bakery and wrote her college thesis about bread.
Twenty years later she is still fascinated by the intersection of culture, food and politics. She specializes in seasonal, farm-sourced foods and loves teaching about how to make cooking part of our spiritual practice, finding the divine in what can seem mundane, sharing the joy of the table, unraveling the mysteries of health trends and ethics while having a good laugh at the same time.
She is currently working on a book about her experiences as a chef around the world called, Biting the Hand.
Colleen Breeckner has been a student of Yoga for over twenty years. Colleen is eRYT 500 with the Yoga Alliance she holds several certifications from various traditions. Colleen is a lead teacher with over twelve years of teaching experience. She is the director of Lila Tandava Yoga Teacher Training based in New York and Connecticut. She frequently hosts workshops, classes and outdoor adventure retreats for adults, teens and children. She is known for her playful and spirited style and for her ability to convey complex spiritual teachings in a lighthearted, accessible way. Her clear articulation of the poses along with her creativity make her classes profound, physically challenging and fun. Throughout the years Colleen studied a variety of traditions including: Vinyasa, Iyengar, Kundalini, Ashtanga, Jivamukti, Katonah Yoga, therapeutics, Ayurveda. She feels that all traditions have something of value to offer and truly honors each system for the perspective they give to the teachings. She draws from many spiritual masters to guide her teachings Colleen feels deeply compelled to uplift and serve all the beings she encounters. Colleen is a certified Herbalist and student of Ayurveda, she holds a certificate in Thai Yoga Massage and incorporates this knowledge into her classes.
Food for Yogis :: Ayurvedic Lifestyle Basics with Jyoti Tewani and Colleen 'Lila' Breeckner
February 1st, 2017 7-9 pm
In this workshop, you will learn how to enhance your life through the ancient practices that have accompanied Yoga from the beginning. Start to learn the basics of Ayurveda cooking, learn the benefits of ghee, learn to make a dosha (constitution) balancing kitchari, and other medicinal teas and spice blends. You will receive food lists appropriate for your constitution. option to purchase products appropriate for your dosa.
To register email Colleen: